In Memory of
Anny B. Frampton
who died August 9
aged 66 years
Anna Barbara Martin was born 18 Mar 1749 in Germany. I have her baptismal record of 21 Mar 1749 in Ludwigsburg, Wurttembeg, Deutschland. She was the daughter of Johann Eberhard Martin and Jacobina Elizabeth Wunderlich, both born in Germany.
She married John Frampton, Jr. about 1780 in Derry Township, Pennsylvania.
I have 8 children born to them, 2 girls and 6 boys. I descend from their daughter, Rachel Frampton (1781-1855).
I know very little about Anna’s life. I do know she ended up in Burlington, Lawrence, Ohio and died there on 9 Aug 1822. I was able to visit the Burlington Green Lawn Cemetery and found her headstone. You may visit her findagrave memorial here # 70712927.
Her husband, John died in 1808. I suspect she went to Burlington because her sons, Martin & Isaac were there, as well as her daughter, Rachel.
There is much more research to be done on Anna & her family.
Some of the sources used so far are:
- Mifflin County, Pennsylvania Families & Records before 1800 Supplement by Raymond Martin Bell, Page 36
- Mifflin County, Pennsylvania Families & Records before 1800 by Raymond Martin Bell, page 16a
- Germany, Lutheran Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1519-1969, digital images on Ancestry.com, pages 18 & 19
- Sons of the American Revolution Applications
I have plans to travel, for the first time, to Mifflin County, Pennsylvania, later this year. I hope to find much more information on the Martin & Frampton families while I’m there. Wish me luck.
Thoughts and questions that came up while I wrote this post...
- Why the discrepancy on her age on the tombstone? By her date of birth, she would have been 73 years old at the time of her death, not 66.
- Did she and/or her husband John, have prior marriages? The both seemed a little old for a first marriage in 1780 (both in their 30's).
- Where is John buried?
Please contact me if you are related to or have any information on this family. I’d love to hear from you.
If you have any corrections or additions to what I’ve mentioned here, please let me know.
OTHER POSTS THAT MAY OF OF INTEREST
Copyright © 2010-2017 Diane Gould Hall
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO USE WITHOUT PERMISSION