Randy Seaver from Genea-Musings posted this fun exercise and I thought I’d play along.
A) Genea-Blogger Linda Stufflebean created a "December Genea-Meme" - so this is our challenge for Saturday Night. Thank you, Linda!!
1. What is one genea-accomplishment this year of which you are proud? I was able to complete many digital heritage scrapbook pages and print books from them.
3. Share a holiday memory which is special for you. Spending Christmas with my grandparents as a young child up in Detroit.
4. Has your family passed down any holiday stories? None that I remember.
5. Which past genea-gift have you really appreciated? When my husband gave me the 3 volume set of New England Marriages Prior to 1700 by Clarence Almon Torrey (excellent reference to have on hand, even though much of it is online now).
6. Does your family cook any holiday recipes that have been handed down? Not really.
7. What is your favorite holiday song? Little Drummer Boy by Bing Crosby
8. Is there a holiday song that you wish was forgotten forever? Yes! Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer
9. What is one (realistic) item on your Genea-Santa list this year? To continue to learn and improve my skills using DNA.
10. What is one item on your not-so-realistic wish list for Genea-Santa? The ever present, long standing, brick walls coming down. At least one of them in 2023.
11. What holiday meal will be served? We will be at family’s for Christmas and I’ve heard we’ll have tri tip and a smoked turkey. Yum!
12. Will your family reminisce about past holidays when you get together? I doubt it. It’s a mix of collateral family, not direct lines.
13. Will you travel to spend the day with others? Yes, but only about 45 minutes.
14. Do you have old family holiday photos or home movies that will be viewed this year? No.
15. Did you break through any brick walls in 2022? I wish, but no.
16. Has your family shared any holiday recipes/activities or ??? which have become new yearly traditions? Nope.
17. Do you have a 2022 genea-goal which could have been accomplished, but over which you’ve procrastinated? Yes. I suppose I could have gotten some scanning done, but haven’t.
18. Do you participate in any holiday activities with your neighbors? Yes. We usually go to a neighbors home on Christmas eve.
19. Think – if you had to choose right this minute – which ancestor would you most like to meet? My paternal 2nd great grandfather, John C. Gould. If he could just tell me who his parents were. Did he have any siblings? Is Gould even his “real” surname?
20. What is one of your 2023 genealogy goals? I would like to blog a lot more. This has been a year of very few posts.
Copyright © 2010-2022 Diane Gould Hall
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO USE WITHOUT PERMISSION